Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Axis Technology, LLC has an opportunity for a Cloud Platform Technical Solutions Engineer to join our client’s Cloud Platform team in Westlake, TX. The Cloud Platform team is an entrepreneurial team in a rapidly growing business and as a team member, you will help our client shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace and support their philosophy of technological innovation and vitality.
As a Cloud Platform Technical Solutions Engineer, you will combine software development, networking, and systems administration expertise with an aptitude for technical advising, troubleshooting and analysis. You will work across multiple customer-facing teams to improve the product’s vision and to make global businesses and organizations successful. As a technical solutions expert, you will help our client’s businesses and associates approach and resolve technology problems and design large-scale services. You will help design and implement cloud solutions for technology organizations with custom features, security, and support.
* Diagnose and resolve customer problems for Cloud Platform products; Engineer and implement new operations, productivity and investigation tools to increase efficiency for Technical Solutions Engineering.
* Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Product Managers, Software Engineering teams, Sales Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, and Strategic Customer Engineers to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve the product’s vision.
* Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of our client’s product technology and underlying hardware and software architectures, to build in-product self-service solutions.
* Work closely with multiple Product Management and Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the product, and interact with Site Reliability Engineering teams to drive production excellence.
* Be an advocate for our client’s customers, representing their issues to Product Management and Software Engineering and develop innovative ways to resolve issues.
Education and Experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 10 years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering or systems engineering.
* At least 2 years industry experience with Cloud adoption using AWS, Google, or Azure.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
* Experience with cloud storage solutions, public cloud provider solutions, cloud networking solutions and distributed computing technology.
* Experience helping design and advise on Cloud adoption for AWS, Google, Azure, or Softlayer.
* Experience developing web applications with Python, Go, Java, or other scripting languages.
* Experience designing solutions around Docker containers or porting apps to cloud service providers like AWS, Google, Azure.
* Experience codifying patterns and automation software for cloud services.
* Strong network administration and troubleshooting skills; good understanding of Linux system administration.
* Strong understanding of web development protocols (i.e. HTML5, AJAX, XML, JSON, RFCs 2109/2965, 1945/2616)
* Tool Sets Needed – Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, etc.
* Understanding of Linux or Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols along the way.
* Outstanding account management, follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills.